How does CEDAW operate alongside human rights in the UK and internationally?
The ratification of the CEDAW Convention has been used to improve women’s rights across the world.
- Read stories of how CEDAW has been used around the world
- Information on how CEDAW works internationally
- See UNIFEM’s guidance on implementing CEDAW
- A report on gender and accountability Who answers to women? (2008)
- Find out how CEDAW has been used to support Rape Crisis (England and Wales)
- Find out how CEDAW can be used as an advocacy tool
See the latest report to come from the Government (2017).
See the UK government’s report to CEDAW(June 2011).
Learn more about CEDAW and download resources for NGOs from International Women’s Rights Action Watch (IWRAW).
In March 2009, the Women’s Resource Centre and the Equality and Human Rights Commission held a conference on the Convention to Eliminate all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
Watch the film from the conference.
Download the conference report (326KB)
See the report (395KB) from the capacity building training and regional ‘Using CEDAW in the UK’ events and consultations in February 2011 in partnership with the Equality and Human Rights Commission.