Data protection will change on 25 May when the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. All charities and not-for-profit organisations need to be ready to comply. Carla Whalen, an Associate in the charity law team at Russell-Cooke solicitors, will present an introduction to the GDPR touching on issues including:
- How can you lawfully collect and process services users’ personal data?
- When can you use legitimate interests to process data?
- When is consent required and how do you get it?
- Why is transparency so important and what needs to go in your privacy notices?
- When can you share information with third parties and what agreements need to be in place?
- What is direct marketing and why does it matter?
- Accountability, data breach reporting and remedial action
This course is FUNDED for women’s organisations or projects based in London working with those affected by sexual and domestic violence
If you do not fulfil the above criteria the following applies:
If your organisation is a Member of WRC you will need to pay £25 for the full day
If your organisation is not a member of WRC you will need to pay £50 for the full
Please read our Training Policies about cancellations, late arrivals, etc. here.
London, LON N7 9DP
|Free training - London VAWG organisations||£ 0.00|
|My organisation is a full WRC member and I am using its allocated free training for the year||£ 0.00|
|My organisation is a member of WRC.||£ 25.00|
|My organisation is not a member of WRC.||£ 50.00|