Job title: Counselling Coordinator
Closing Date: Sunday 10th February 12 midnight
Organisation: Woman’s Trust
This post is women only, the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies
Woman’s Trust seeks a trained therapist to assist the Therapeutic Services Manager to manage Woman’s Trust counselling service with specific responsibility for the provision of crisis mental health services for women affected by domestic abuse.
On a day-to-day basis, responsibilities include general co-ordination of Woman’s Trust services including oversight of administrative processes, co-ordination of volunteer counsellors, and providing initial support and counselling assessments to women contacting the service.
- A diploma in Person-Centred/Humanistic Counselling or equivalent
- BACP/UKCP accreditation is desirable
- A minimum of 450 client hours
- Two years’ experience of working with issues of domestic violence, including working directly with women clients
- Experience of working with women from black and other minority ethnic communities
- Experience of supervising and co-ordinating counsellors or volunteers is essential.
Closing date: Sunday 10th February, 12 Midnight
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 18th February
This post is based in our office in Edgware Road.